PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH IN AMERICA
- We believe the Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit as the Word of God. Written without error in the original manuscripts as the revelation of God’s truth, it is inerrant, it is infallible, and it is authoritative and sufficient in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. The one true and living God exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe every person possesses a fallen and sinful nature, who apart from the mercy and grace of God is unable to save himself from the wrath of God.
- We believe salvation comes to sinners by the sovereignty of God, who chooses those whom He will save by His grace alone rather than by any human merit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who by His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who trust Him alone for salvation.
- We believe God is gracious and faithful to His people as individuals and as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people, giving them strength and wisdom to trust and follow Jesus Christ.
- We believe Jesus Christ will return bodily and visibly to judge all mankind and to receive His people unto Himself.
- We believe all aspects of our lives must be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
OUR DOCTRINAL STANDARDS
- Confession of Faith: www.pcanet.org/general/cof_preface.htm
- Position Papers: www.pcahistory.org/pca/index.html
Grace Presbyterian Church is part of the Presbyterian Church in America. Organized in 1973, the PCA is a theologically reformed and evangelical denomination of biblical doctrines.
- PCA Homepage: www.pcanet.org
- About PCA: www.pcanet.org/general/aboutPCA.htm
- Vision of PCA: www.pcanet.org/general/vision.htm
- Brief History: www.pcanet.org/general/history.htm
- Book of Church Order: www.pcaac.org/bco.htm
- Covenant Seminary: www.covenantseminary.edu
- Covenant College: www.covenant.edu
- Reformed University Fellowship: www.ruf.org
- Mission to the World: www.mtw.org
- Mission to North America: www.pca-mna.org
- Education and Publication: www.equip.pcacep.org
HOW WE ARE GOVERNED
Our form of church government is presbyterian, originating from the Latin word “presbyter” meaning “elder”. The Bible indicates that a group of godly and qualified men should be elected and ordained to lead an individual church as Teaching Elders (TE) known as "pastors" and Ruling Elders (RE) known as "lay-elders". The qualifications for these men are listed in the Bible according to 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.