PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH IN AMERICA
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
OUR DOCTRINAL STANDARDS
We believe that the Westminster Confession of Faith, along with its Larger and Shorter Catechisms, contains an accurate summary of the Bible's teachings.
- Confession of Faith: www.pcanet.org/general/cof_preface.htm
- Position Papers: www.pcahistory.org/pca/index.html
Grace Presbyterian Church is a part of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), a theologically reformed, evangelical denomination organized in 1973. Our church seeks to be biblical in its doctrine and ministries. We believe the Bible to be the inerrant, infallible, and sufficient word of God.
- PCA Homepage: www.pcanet.org
- About PCA: www.pcanet.org/general/aboutPCA.htm
- Vision of PCA: www.pcanet.org/general/vision.htm
- Brief History: www.pcanet.org/general/history.htm
- Book of Church Order: www.pcaac.org/bco.htm
- Covenant Seminary: www.covenantseminary.edu
- Covenant College: www.covenant.edu
- Reformed University Fellowship: www.ruf.org
- Mission to the World: www.mtw.org
- Mission to North America: www.pca-mna.org
- Education and Publication: www.equip.pcacep.org
HOW WE ARE GOVERNED
Our form of church government is called "Presbyterian," or the rule by elders, who are elected by the congregation. Basically this means that our church is not run by one pastor making all of the decisions, nor is the church run by the majority vote of our members. Instead, we believe that the Bible indicates that churches are to be led by a group of godly, qualified men called and ordained to this office, both as Teaching Elders (TE), or "pastors," and ruling elders (RE), or "lay-elders." The qualifications for these men are listed in the Bible (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9).